The Rules of the Yokohama Zenkoji Scholarship Foundation
Chapter 1. General Provisions
This shall be called the Yokohama Zenkoji Scholarship Foundation for International Buddhist Study.
The office of the Foundation shall be located at the Zenkoji Temple, 1-12-9 Hinochuo, Kounan-ku, Yokohama.
Chapter 2. Objectives and Operations
The objectives of the Foundation shall be to support and nurture promising persons who are sound in mind and body, who have excellent scholastic achievements and personal conduct, and who desire to contribute to the prosperity of Buddhism and the betterment of societies through the study of Buddhism.
In order to achieve the objectives specified in the preceding article, the Foundation shall conduct the following activities:
1. To send priests abroad for study and support students of Buddhism in Japan.
2. Other works necessary for achieving the objectives specified in the preceding article.
Chapter 3. Officers and The Staff
The Foundation shall consist of the following officers:
No less than five but no more than ten directors including one president.
1. The officers shall appoint the president.
2. The president shall appoint the managing director from among the directors.
3. Officers shall be selected from (1) representatives from Buddhists at large, (2) persons of learning and experience, and (3) representatives of the supporters of Zenkoji Temple.
4. The board of directors shall appoint the auditors.
5. The president may nominate and elect advisors and counselors.
1. The president shall preside over the general business of the foundation and represent the Foundation.
2. The managing director shall assist the president and conduct business affairs in accordance with the decisions of the board of directors.
3. The directors shall constitute a board of directors and shall determine and carry out the businesses of the Foundation.
4. The auditors shall audit the financial affairs of the Foundation.
1. The term of office of the officers shall be for three years, and each officer may be reelected.
2. An officer filling a vacancy shall serve for the remainder of his predecessor's term of office.
No compensation shall be paid to the officers.
1. A manager shall be appointed to conduct the general affairs of the Foundation.
2. The president shall appoint and dismiss the manager.
Chapter 4. Accounting
Expenses required to conduct the works of the Foundation shall be appropriated from donations and proceeds from the endowment.
The president shall draw up budgets and activity plans for the Foundation prior to each fiscal year. The board of directors shall approve of them.
The president shall prepare a statement of accounts of the Foundation within two months after the end of each fiscal year, and submit it along with a business report and comments of the auditors to the board of directors for its approval.
The fiscal year of the Foundation shall start on April 1 of each year and end on March 31 of the following year.
Chapter 5. Bylaws
Bylaws for the administration of the Foundation shall be stipulated separately through resolutions by the votes of the board of directors.
All content on this site is © Copyright 2004 Yokohama Zenkouji Temple. Contact Webmaster